Monday 26 October 2009

Introducing Cloud Nine Irons

As I am sure you know I am a mad straightening addict and use straighteners most days *slaps wrists*. The day I discovered GHDs literally changed my life and I am being deadly serious. If anybody to this day asks me what the best invention has been, I will always say GHDs! I have thick, wavy hair that just looks ‘lumpy’ if I don’t style it, so love it after I have straightened my hair when it is sleek and shiny!

I was asked if I would like to try out a pair of Cloud Nine irons which was very generous of them as they are not cheap at £129.95 so thanks very much (There are three styles on offer, a regular iron, a micro one and one with wide plates which I tried). As a self-confessed straightening addict I jumped at the chance and have been really excited to try them out. They arrived in beautiful black and blue/green packaging, which looked really expensive and impressed me straight away (yes I am a sucker for good packaging – it is so worth it!) Cloud Nine irons have been created by the original founders of GHDs and provide a beautiful natural finish - without the heat damage. They allow you to achieve a vast array of styles, at lower temperatures than GHDs so your hair isn’t put under so much strain. They also have a secret ingredient trapped within the black ceramic plates, a mysterious element that adds shine and sparkle to the hair every time they're used. Obviously I can’t vouch for this after only using them for a few weeks but my hair does look much smoother and shinier since using them.

My only complaint about these great irons, which I have found with other brands, is that the plates are not as big as GHDs and when you run them through your hair quickly, they can scratch the hair. I can use my GHDs from any angle and they will not catch or scratch my hair. Having said that, when my hair was just washed and dried it didn’t scratch, so maybe it just does it with hair that isn’t freshly washed? Hmm...

But overall I am impressed with their quality and love the wide irons, as it means I can straighten my hair much quicker in the morning, The variable temperature setting is also really good if you have thinner hair (I wish!) that didn’t need as much heat! It would be interesting to compare GHDs with Cloud Nine after using both for a month to see the difference in hair damage – maybe I should do this?!

British Beauty Blogger also has a great review here on these straighteners - so the big questions is will Cloud Nine take over from GHDs?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll stick with my Windles which have done the job since 2002 and are still going strong - now that's value for money!

Get Lippie said...

I love my GHDs, I have to say, but I love the Cloud Nines just a tiny bit more, which I didn't think was possible. Nice review.

Unknown said...

I am still undecided! I keep using both at the moment but am swinging towards Cloud Nines at the moment because they are better for my hair. xx

Unknown said...

Great words gmartin -- I think most of us had a knee jerk reaction to Coach Outlet
annoucement.. my heart was hurting for him; his family; not so much the school and football program but then reality set in and thoughts of Bob Stoops being our head Coach Ergo
came into my head.. that is when it hit me... Coach Gallery
is leaving... to be our head coach no more.. I was just sick.... sick for him; sick for Gatornation -- but still wanting Coach Hamptons
to take care of himself and his health -- I was so happy that he decided to take the leave of absence option;

Anonymous said...

I have previously loved my GHD's but i have to say cloud nine iron straighteners are amazing. They really do get your hair straight. i have frizzy hair and have found some straighteners just cannot control my hair but the cloud nines are the best i have tried.

cloud nine iron said...

they really are the best thing since GHD

nina marsh said...

I have been using GHD's for years now and a friend recently got some cloud nine straighteners, so i had to have a go and see if there any difference between the GHD and cloud nine. Really there was not much difference that i could see, the Cloud nines do have the benefit of not burning your skin as much on the lower temps lol :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *