Thursday 16 July 2009

Garnier Pure Active Review

My sister has been trying out the new Garnier Pure Active range over the past month and has written a review for me about how much she loves these new products! I don’t have oily skin, so have just been using the ‘Spot-on Roll on’ when I have any annoying spots and am really impressed by how quickly this works. It leaves you with a tingling sensation at first, but if you use it before you go to bed, it helps to clear your skin by the morning!
According to my sister, over the past four weeks the Pure Active range has significantly improved the quality of her skin. My sister has always spent a fortune on Clinique’s anti-blemish range saying it is the only range that works on her skin, so is really pleased with the results for the Pure Active range as they are much cheaper!! Her favourite products are the Blackhead Scrub and the Moisturiser – two products which normally are a nightmare for her to use of her face, especially moisturisers which can make oily skin a lot worse!
The Blackhead Scrub is reasonably priced at £4.99 and has a creamy texture that leaves skin feeling clean but also smooth – which other products have not done in the past. It contains exfoliating micro-beads and Salicylic Acid to helps clear blackheads and fight the appearance of spots and marks. My sister has already repurchased this product (PA products are currently on offer in Superdrug!) after using religiously for the past four weeks and can’t live without it now!
The Pure Active Moisturiser is priced at £5.99 and fights spots before they appear, hydrates your skin but doesn’t leave it shiny which is essential for people with oily skin! It helps to purify and mattify skin to protect against spots even before they appear - which my sister has confirmed! Overall she has noticed that her skin is much smoother and less shiny, so she can now wear less foundation.

9 comments:

ForDGRedial said...

Might try out that spot roller-ball thing.

Top tip for oily skin - neutrogena visibly clear oil free moisturiser, I get it from boots (http://www.neutrogenauk.co.uk/productdisplay.jhtml?itemname=product_visibly_clear). Its really good, recommended by dermatologists and makes such a difference.

I have also taken comfort from the Dr Hauschka philosophy (although I gave up on his range, too faffy) that you should cleanse at night but not moisturise. This sent me into a panic at first as although I'm oily I get dry patches but it really works!! Cleanse at night, cleanse and use a light oil-free moisturiser in the morning.

Mwahx

Tasha said...

I've used products in the Pure range but have yet to try the new range...may have to give it a go as I always on the lookout for that magic potion that will perfect my skin heh!

beauty cosmetics said...

Garnier products are great. I am using garnier products and happy with these!

Allie said...

I bought the blackheads scrub today, could you please tell me how often can I use this product?
I don't know much about this stuff :(

Unknown said...

Hey Allie - I would say use the scrub two or three times a week depending on how sensitive your skin is. xxx

Carlito86 said...

Great review hun, I'm another with the mega thumbs up on the spot roller ball!

xx

Jess_g said...

Hey i the Garnier Pure Active meant for oily skin?? I have combination skin, do you think it will work?? thnks

Rach said...

I was recommended the garnier range by my sis in law after my skin had become so dry,uneven and badly damaged frm using various creams. I must say i was a bit skeptical at first but my skin is now so soft,smooth nd even and my friends comment on how much my skin is glowing!!Wow i am so impressed with this range and the prices are reasonable as well. I use the night and day creams,the toner,scrub as well as the exfo brush and all that cost me less than £30 frm superdrug and they last as well. Really pleased and will continue to use garnier pure A

Unknown said...

Just started using garnier pure active multi purpose scrub..and im already seeing little improvements on my skin.in just two days of using it! I have oily and really dull skin..its always a nightmare to look in a mirror.haha!but this product has given me hope! I really really love it!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *