Tuesday 23 February 2010

Aldi beauty products review - YSL Touche Eclat dupe!


I was sent a few products from Aldi to try out, which are all priced under £4. I thought I'd write a review about my favourite product from the range & the one I was most intrigued about before hand after hearing quite a lot about in the press - the Lacura Concealer Pen (£3.49) I am a Touche Eclat addict & swear by mine, but the £3.49 price tag, compared to £22 for Touche Eclat is too good not to try out. 

First impressions are the packaging is not as nice but I can deal with that as I don't always judge a product by its packaging ;-S According to the blurb, the light reflecting particles in this concealer pen are perfect for covering and concealing fine lines and dark shadows under the eyes - reducing signs of fatigue and tiredness. As you can see from my photo below, the concealer is actually quite thick and provides good coverage which I was really surprised at a I expected it to be quite thin and weak. It isn't as good coverage as TE but if you have young skin like mine then you don't really notice the difference.


Touche Eclat is available in three shades, 1, 2 and 3, where as the Lacura Concealer pen is available in two shades - Savanna and Cashmere. I actually have chucked the box out and the shade isn't written on the pen which is a bit frustrating if you can't remember what shade you bought This shade will be too light for me in summer, so I'll probably have to buy the darker shade then!

Overall I'd recommend this product as it costs £3.59 compared to £22 and the difference isn't worth £16! The real test will be too see how long the Lacura Concealer pen lasts, as my Touche Eclat does last quite a long time and doesn't dry up. So get down to Aldi and check out the beauty bargains - my boyfriend loves the anti-ageing night cream which is only £1.99. A couple of years ago this cream performed really well in a blind testing on a TV show (can't remember which one!) over all the expensive night creams!! 

17 comments:

Sparklz and Shine said...

Ooh, I bought a few bits from Aldi the other day to test out.

I didn't like the day cream when I tried it out a few years back, I found the smell a bit off putting. So I've never gone near the make up. But I have a really great Aldi spot cream from last year and the hand cream I bought the other week was so fantastic I reviewed it the next day. So I thought I'd give some of the make up a road test in the next few days.

♥ Chloë ♥ said...

I'd heard this product is really good before, I may have to venture into Aldi for the first time... Hehe :) xxx

Unknown said...

Sparklz and Shine - ooh what's the spot cream? Would love to give that a try.

Great review. I've tried Aldi's duo eyeshadows and they're brilliant xx

Fee - Makeup Savvy said...

I've never actually shopped in Aldi but have read a few reviews now on different cosmetics from Aldi and all seem pretty good!
I too use Touche Eclat everyday and would love to find a cheaper alternative for lazy days! So I may have to try this.

x

Unknown said...

@Fee I will be defiantly buying a few more for the gym bag and taking on holiday!

@Chloe - Aldi is well worth a visit - I go there for a lot of food items, as well as beauty products!

Unknown said...

Ive been meaning to pick this up for absolutly ages, but always forget when Im in there! I have the Sunset blusher from the Lacura range though and love it.

xxx

daisychain said...

Will you post an update on this? I'm considering it but even it's cheap price tag is a bit of an extravagance for me right now haha

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carlito86 said...

I have this, I don't use it that much but I think their range is great! x

Unknown said...

@ Girl with the Golden Touch - I think their range is really good value and would recommend it to anyone on a budget xx

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely dreadful under eye bags. I'm only a teen, but due to illnesses, I think that my otherwise decent looking face resembles a 40 year old's. So when I got the Aldi concealer - out of pure desperation - I was shocked at the results. It lightens the dark grey so it matches my hard-to-match pale skin perfectly. And it leaves the skin so soft and smooth and it certainly isn't patchy coverage. Never using anything else.

skin care reviews said...

YSL Touche Eclat is a fabulous product. The texture and the way it light up the area, it's unbeatable.

hormone therapy said...

That sounds like an effective product indeed. I really like the stuff that Aldi makes. The price range is also attractive compared with it's competitors.

biologic said...

This seems like a good product, it is quite pricey though but I think it's worth it anyway.

chiropractor melbourne said...

For less than four Pounds, the Aldi product you tested is affordable. Our economy dictates that is recommended to buy cheaper beauty products that can do the same as the expensive ones.

Vein removal said...

I love watching fashion shows and the events. They are so trendy

Plastic Surgery Abroad said...

This articles helps me more.Thanks for your sharing,I will pay more attentions to your blog. Looking forward to your better and better articles.See you next time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *