Monday 1 August 2011

Garnier BB Cream

After reading on several beauty blogs about the hyped Garnier BB Cream I went out and bought it at lunchtime today in Superdrug for an affordable £9.99. You can also buy online now with free delivery from the Superdrug website, which is great if you don’t have access to a Superdrug. As usual Garnier have come up with an innovative product for the mass market, so credit to them for hitting the shelves before luxury brands such as MAC.

Garnier BB Cream on my desk today!

For those of you who don’t know much about BB cream, it stands for Blemish Balm (most of the time) however it may be called other things because of copyrights on the name Blemish. BB cream is billed as the answer to all your skincare woes in a single tube. It brightens skin in the same way a primer does, evens out complexion like a lightweight foundation or tinted moisturiser, covers blemishes like a concealer, has the hydrating properties of a moisturiser, soothes skin like an anti-inflammatory, contains UV protection — so no need for sunblock — and has the sort of anti-ageing ingredients more commonly found in serums. It originates from Asia after hitting the market in 2005 and as known as 'the South Korean actress’s secret'. Garnier have launched just two shades (light and medium) at the moment, so you may not find a perfect match but hopefully as the coverage is sheer it should suit most people!

I can’t wait to try out tonight and let you know what I think. Who has tried a BB cream and what do you think? Is it worth all the hype?

14 comments:

Lydia said...

Can't wait to hear what you think of it xx

Unknown said...

I'll update this post with a review once I've tried tonight :) xoxo

liloo said...

I cant wait to hear your first impressions on this. please will you let you me know whereabout in superdrug they stored this? as in the makeup section? the skincare section? i was trying to find it today at lunch time actually and couldn't see it

liloo
liloo@hotmail.com
@tsunimee on twitter

Louise H said...

oh interesting what colour did you go for it x

Louise H said...

sorry I can see its the medium lol can't wait to see some swatches x

Lydia said...

Would love to hear your thoughts! I've been interested in BB creams for a while, but they haven't really been easily available so I've never tried. I will definitely pick this up if I spot it :) x

Anonymous said...

Definately interested in your thoughts on it. What skin type are you? I have pretty oily skin, so not sure this will work for me :(

Unknown said...

Hi guys thanks for your comments :) I got it from the skincare section in Superdrug today. I have normal/dry skin and went for medium shade. Will swatch and try tomorrow morning! xoxo

betwixt beauty said...

I got mine in the post today and have popped up a review on my blog. I got the 'Light' cream and even that is not that light! It's a tad orangey and I wouldn't say I'm the palest. I think if these take off they'll have to expand the range of shades.
Will check back to see how your swatches of medium compare with my light! :) x

Annette said...

I have to say,I have found it great!Gives an immediate glow and eveness.A lovely canvass for a gentle sweep of bronzer which just finishes to a natural sunkissed look!Would powder over in winter for that softer focus impression.Think I will be sticking to this one,which I have never even felt about more expensive cream or foundations!Literally covers all bases!Well done Garnier!You have pipped all the overpriced brands to the post!P.S.I use the medium tone

Amy said...

After reading this I decided to go and buy some! Found it great and it gave my skin a fabulous glow. Thanks for the review!!

neck wrinkle cream said...

I really like garnier products for there prices matches the services they give.

teehee said...

If you want the real deal, then you need to get it from Korea. BB cream has been incredibly popular in Asia for a few years already, so they've got quite a bit of experience behind it. I personally think brands like MISSHA and Etude House from Korea would be much better than Garnier’s one... Hanskin, Skin79 and BRTC are pretty popular too, but MISSHA is apparently the best.

Elle said...

I really love his product. It doesn't clog like foundation so my skin's cleared up. Hooray!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *