Tuesday 15 September 2009

Body Shop Autumn goodies!


I was very lucky to sent some lovely goodies from the Body Shop, which included all their key launches for the Autumn. I thought I would write about my favourite products which are shown in the photo above! The Love Etc perfume is really nice - very sweet but I have found it does last quite a long time and smells different from any other perfume I use. It is also well priced at just £16.00 for a 50ml bottle and makes a lovely present for a friend to show how much you care about them. I love the cute heart packaging as well and it really brightens up my bathroom cabinet!

The hand cream you can see in the photo is the Soft Hands Kind Heart hand cream (£5), which is a fantastic product for a really worthwhile cause. £3.45 from your purchase is donated to ECPAT, who are actively working to stop the trafficking and sexual exploitation of children and young people in the UK and around the world. The donation will help fund ECPAT UK campaigns and prevention projects against child trafficking in the UK. I am not so keen on the fragrance of the hand cream but it makes your hands super-smooth and as it's for a great cause is worth every penny. You can find out more at www.ecpat.org.uk.

Finally on the lovely sparkly make-up! My first impressions of the make-up are the products are similar to MAC's Colour Craft eyeshadows and Mineralize Skinfinish and are actually quite similar in price range as well. I am impressed by the pigmentation of the Monlight Lustre Eye Trio (£9.50) which blends onto your eyes easily and gives you fab smoky eyes! I love the Blush Trios (£12.50) which are really moisturising and contain skin softening organic cupuassu butter made from the seeds of the Amazon native cupuassu fruit. The Cool Dusk shade gives a lovely pink shimmer to cheeks that lasts all day - this product is definately my favourite of the new range and I can't wait to use it all through the Autumn.. and summer!!


The Body Shop are also having an Autumn Trends Face-off competition for bloggers, using the new producs! To win, simply create an autumn look using the Pearlescents collection from The Body Shop and send two pictures (one full face and one closed eye) to blog@thebodyshop.com. Chase Aston will shortlist the 10 finalists and then it’s up to the public to vote for the winner!

5 comments:

*Peonies and lilies* said...

The blusher looks so nice, reminds me of the mineralized ones from MAC :)

Tottering along said...

I love the handcream so so much, I've never tried any of the Body Shop's make up before though, I might get some when I get paid.

Anonymous said...

I wish I worked in PR as well to get all these lovely products for free! *sigh*

Product Placement said...

The make-up looks fab. I got a whiff of the new perfume in a mag the other day and it's SUPER sweet. Reminded me of those whiffy Samsara-like 80s fragrances. Maybe that's where we're going with this whole 80s revival thing. I'm going to leave it at ankle boots, thanks...

Unknown said...

I love the perfume it's great :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *