Wednesday 15 July 2009

I'm back!

Hi guys, hope you haven't missed me too much! I'm back after ten lovely days in the sun in Istanbul, wishing I could be back there! I thought I would write a brief summary post about my key products/items I used whilst away - I had to really cut down on my normal beauty bag and wardrobe thanks to Easy Jet's 20kg weight limit grrr! Does anyone else have that problem when they go away?! It's so hard deciding what to take!

Anyway, here are the key products that I used and loved whilst away in the heat!


This new mascara from Bobbi Brown is great for taking away, as it is really small and doesn't take up lots of space! Plus it has a unique multi-comb brush which enhances your lashes and makes them really curly! What I also like is despite the heat, the mascara doesn't smudge all down your face - genius!


This intensely after sun mask smoothes your hair after the abuse of chlorine, sun and salt! I used this frequently throughout my holiday and since I have been home and my hair looks really shiny and feels so soft. I really recommend using this product whilst away if you have thick, dry hair like mine and it ensures your hair is sleek and not a giant frizzball in the humidity! It also is so much easier to straighten your hair after using.

This new organic range is available in Superdrug and is priced really low for organic products, which is a bit of a first. Purity Organic Skincare is Ecocert certified, with 92.2% of the ingredients of natural origin and an average of 82% of the ingredients processed from organic farming. I particularly love the Night Cream, which is a light mousse moisturiser with a blend of coconut based ingredients plus sweet almond oil, shea butter, and vitamin E. It has quite a thick texture which normally I don’t like, but whilst away in the intense sun I found it really helped keep my face moisturised and left my skin feeling soft in the morning.

4) Freya Malibu Lagoon Bikini

I was very lucky to be sent this amazing bikini to try out whilst I was away! I must admit I have never really spent much money on bikinis, purely because I don’t see the point and haven’t noticed the difference in quality. However, Freya Bikinis I have discovered are extremely high quality and look and feel amazing! I loved my Malibu Lagoon design, which features an Oriental inspired print with a modern twist. Exotic birds and shapes in cool aqua, cobalt, & cornflower blue are emphasised by a bright white base. Ornate beaded details embellish each piece and the fabulous shapes will make you feel sexy and cool. I also liked how well the top fitted me, as normally I find it hard to get a top that fits. But as Freya supply bikinis in bra sizes, a 34D fitted me perfectly and really enhanced my natural assets! Plus it also shows off an amazing tan! It also hasn’t faded all week, which I am very impressed with – thumbs up from me!

Ok enough ranting from me - let me know what you think! What are your key products for summer?

1 comment:

Liz said...

I would agree as secret's mum the bikini's are superb and beauty addict looked lovely in them. They are very flattering and the colours very vivid. I would certainly recommend if you want to dress to impress - i just wish I had one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *