Monday 27 July 2009

Vichy Aqualia Thermal range review

The past few weeks I have been trying out some gorgeous products from Vichy that I was kindly sent to review. I have never used Vichy before, so it has been really exciting for me to have a chance to try a new brand. I was asked by Vichy what my skin is like before hand, so the products would be matched for my skin!

I have normal/dry skin so was sent products from the Aqualia Thermal range and have been using them for the past month or so. I have been impressed with the results so far and the quality of the products – you can tell that they are fairly expensive! Here is a little introduction to the Aqualia Thermal Range from the Boots website:

The Aqualia Thermal range helps fortify and soothe the skin giving it 24 hour hydrating care for use on dehydrated and sensitive skin. Intensely hydrated, the skin feels soother, refreshed and free from sensations of tightness. Vichy’s unique formulations combine mineral rich thermal spa water and renowned dermatological ingredients selected for each individual skin need. Vichy believes in providing personalised skin diagnosis tools for every skin type, developed with health professionals.

The packaging and blurb is all very technical, so I would definitely recommend visiting a Vichy counter at Boots or reading about the products on the website first to really understand what products are right for you! My favourite product from the range is the Thermal Serum (£16.00), which consists of Vichy Thermal Spa Water that totally hydrates your skin for 24 hours, leaving it hydrated, smooth and smelling yummy! TIP: It’s also really good to use under make-up as a foundation primer, as it ensures your skin is radiant and smooth and makes your foundation sink in even better!

So if you’re looking for a personalised skin care regime and are interested in the technology behind skincare products, then I really recommend Vichy products to you as they can be tailored for your needs and use the best advances in skincare. I wish I could say I could afford to purchase these products all the time but hopefully one day I will!!!

9 comments:

mizzworthy said...

OoOH - I got to try this too and I LOVE this product! I think its about £10 or £15 in boots - LOVE it!

Unknown said...

It's lovely isn't it, I am addicted to it now and love how soft my skin is feeling :) xxx

Lipglossiping said...

Hello, from a fellow Soton-ite. Thanks for the review, it's one of those brands I'm always tempted by when I'm in Boots - but I'm always too reluctant to lay sown the money on a skincare range I know so little about so reviews like this always help!

Unknown said...

Ohh hi! where abouts in Southampton are you from? Defo worth checking out the website too xxx

Lipglossiping said...

Am in Eastleigh, will give the website a look :)

Unknown said...

cool I am from Romsey originally living in Southampton now... where do you work? xx

Unknown said...

I'm in the middle of trying the 15ml 'Aqualia Eye Roll-on' & the 15ml 'Aqualia Eyes' eye gel. I like them so far, and for extra soothing, leave them in the fridge so they are nice and cool!

We'll see if they deflate the bags under my eyes and the darkness. I wonder if the results are long-lasting (i.e., they will go away permanently by drainage).

I use them 2 times a day.. which is a lot, considering they are both 15ml each :(

Lipglossiping said...

My Mum's a Romsey girl :)

I'm self employed and have given myself loads of maternity leave... so at the moment? Nowhere! Normally, I work from home, or yano... the shops. You work in the city?

Anonymous said...

i got the vichy aqualia thermal rich cream and it is AMAZING. i got it more for a quick fix when my skin was feeling so dehydrated from the weather change from summer to fall. it softened my skin immediately leaving a dewy and not oily effect. interestingly, even though its not an anti wrinkle cream, the cream has puffed up my expression lines on my forehead, around my mouth and under my eyes, making them almost invisible! it must be the hyaluronic acid in it. it's great because i am only 22 so too young to use a lot of anti aging stuff, and this has helped me deal with my wrinkle problem!
does anyone know if this cream, based on its ingredients, has any value in protecting against or ridding of wrinkles? thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *