Monday 20 July 2009

Super smooth skin!





Sorry for the lack of blog posts over the weekend, I don't have internet at home so have been writing reviews over the weekend and will publish them when I have access to a computer!

Since my holiday I have noticed my skin is really dry, so thought I would share with you guys my routine which has made my skin realllyyy smooth! If any of you have ever been to Turkeyyou may have heard of a Hammam, which is basically a place where you go to for a Turkish bath and a good old scrub, which leaves you will amazingly soft skin. Well I didn’t go this time as I didn’t want to lose my tan whilst on holiday! But I purchased one of the gloves whilst at a local market for 3YTL, which is about £1.20 and have been using it since I got back and it literally takes all of your dead skin off in the shower and leaves behind (minus the tan!) some beautifully soft skin! I have also been using the lovely Sanctuary 12 Hour Moisturising Shower Cream (£5.99) which has a rich, creamy lather to keep skin soft and moisturised all day long. Luxurious shea butter is combined with skin softening sunflower oil, protective vitamin E and the classic Sanctuary fragrance, leaving skin supple, satin soft and beautifully fragranced. It is heaven... in the shower! :)

After my shower, I have been using the Body Shop’s Cocoa body butter (£9.76) which is a one of my favourite body moisturisers. It is suitable for extra dry skin and has a scrummy chocolate-and-vanilla scent that lasts for 24 hours, so you don’t have to keep applying all day (which gets a bit tedious!). It really is amazing for keeping away horrible dry skin and especially after a holiday.

So has anyone else tried a hammam before – what do you think?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey-love your blog! I went to a traditional hammam in Paris! Read about it in a newspaper and found it when we went. Was really beautiful with mosaic. The exfoliation was pretty brutal though!! (they call it gommage in French-oo la la) Would def recommend it if anyone is lucky enough to be visting, x x

Princess said...

If you've got dry skin on your face and you've been hit by the credit crunch so trips to Turkey and Paris are looking unpromising then here's a tip for the best value moisturiser I've found so far. It doesn't leave your skin greasy at all and even has a sort of matte look once you're done which is perfect, expecially for holiday when you don't want to be putting thick make up on your skin in the sun as it gives you a made up look. Amie MORNING DEW Matte-Finish Moisturiser. It's available online or at Boots and some other stores across the UK and it's only £4.95 and lasts ages. Smells lovely and looks pretty too! I hope they bring out a body moisturiser soon. If you want a face exfoliator they have this lovely natural orangey exfoliator too which goes really well. Keep it up with the beauty tips - don't know how girls can live without them!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I live in Turkey and visit the hamam all the time You are supposed to go on the first day of your holiday as it prepares your skin for a more even and deeper tan. If you are exfoliating with the glove now you're home, it will make your tan go away.

Unknown said...

Next time I will definately go before my holiday to prepare my skin - thanks for the advice!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *