Sunday 3 July 2011

Holiday and update!

Sorry it's been such a while, I have been away on a lovely two-week holiday to Spain and started a new job as a social media manager so have been very busy and so tired in the evenings I haven't had my spare time! Anyway I had an amazing holiday and came back nice and tanned so thought I'd write about a few of my sun protection essentials from new products out this summer available in Boots, Superdrug etc! I'll also be writing a post on my hair products I used on holiday, including some budget Keratin products!





Boyfriend and I on holiday!


New SPF15 Lypsyl lip balms (£1.49)

This new range contains Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and SPF 15 for sun protection, which is essential in the sun as lips burn too! The yummy new flavours include Watermelon Burst and zingy Pineapple Passion flavours plus Cherry Blossom and Strawberry Polka-Dot which have a colour tint. The best news is they are only £1.49 from major supermarkets and pharmacies. The packaging is also really cute - I love the strawberry polka dots which is bang on trend this year!



 Piz Buin In Sun Ultra Light Sun Spray (£15 but currently BOGOF in Superdrug at the moment)

Piz Buin In Sun Ultra Light Sun Spray with advanced UVA/UVB filters helps to protect the skin from the sun. Enriched with a strong anti-oxidant, it helps to prevent sun induced premature skin ageing. The ultra light, non greasy and non sticky formula absorbs instantly into the skin without leaving white marks. It hydrates the skin, keeping it soft and supple during sun exposure. What I love about this spray is the lovely light texture that is so easy to rub in. I can't stand suncreams that are thick and take ages to rub in, so this is a dream for your skin.


Nivea Protect & Bronze Sun Lotion SPF 30 (£15 but also BOGOF in Boots)

 This latest launch from Nivea combines reliable protection with a natural looking tan without containing any fake tan (wooo no orange hands!). The product contains a natural plant extract which helps support the skin’s own melanin production for an even and natural looking tan. Melanin is produced naturally within the body and is responsible for protection and tanning your skin. The extra light formula is non-greasy whilst moisturising for the skin and contains highly effective UVA/UVB filters that protect your skin immediately on application.

I always go nice and brown on holiday regardless of what factor suncream I use, but for a short break this is a great cream to test and see if you get a better tan, without compromising on the level of protection (which we all do!). Personally I wouldn't go below SPF15 at any point of the year, even in the UK where I find the sun causes you more damage as you aren't aware of the strength. 

Let me know what you think and your essential sun protection products!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Glad to have you back - hope new job is going well! x

eye cream said...

I really like Nivea products especially when it comes to protecting your skin from the harmful sun rays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *