Monday 15 February 2010

Bobbi Brown Make-up Facelift review




I was lucky enough to receive a complementary 'Make-up Facelift' from Bobbi Brown in Southampton a few weeks ago, which is available to anybody interested in finding out how to achieve a fresh-faced look. The Make-up Facelift collection has been designed to give women all the tools to look well-rested and bright eyed in five minutes flat, so I was excited to find out how this could work for me.

I was greeted by the gorgeous Lisa, who first of all assessed my skin type and treated my skin with the Cleansing Oil, Soothing Face Tonic, and Hydrating Face Cream which left my skin baby soft. I was really impressed with the Bobbi Brown skincare products which I didn't know much about before this consultation so will definitely put these on my shopping list. When applying make-up on my face,

Lisa continually checked to see what shade suited me (See this great skincare colour chart to find your ideal shade.) I was really surprised that the Extra Light tint of the Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturising Balm, as I normally have medium toned skin, so definitely worth gaining professional advice before you splash out on a new foundation. I absolutely LOVE the Tinted Moisturising Balm which is a lightweight foundation alternative for dry, dehydrated skin. It smells amazing and doesn't feel like you're putting crap on your skin, it's just like moisturiser. The formula is ultra-rich, luxurious, and blends easily, giving skin a dewy, glowing look with light coverage. The SPF 25 helps protect skin against damaging UVA and UVB rays. Contains Glycerin, Shea Butter and Squalane, which deeply moisturise skin; Vitamin A and Carrot Extract, which help reduce the appearance of fine lines; and Angelica Seed and Chamomile Oil, which soothe and calm skin. If you only buy one product from then I recommend trying this out, I am a convert for life now!

Lisa also used some gorgeous, cult Bobbi Brown products in coral on my cheeks which I love. Firstly she used the Sheer Colour Cheek Tint in Sheer Coral on the apples of my cheeks, followed by the latest coral Nectar Shimmer Brick which was available previously in a mini size at Christmas. I normally go for more 'pinky' shades, so it was nice to try out some of my favourite products in new shades which I wouldn't have picked myself!

I really recommend visiting your local Bobbi Brown stand for a consultation, as the staff are extremely helpful and gave me some fresh ideas for my make-up as I usually go for the same colours and shades I am safe with. Admitally if you bought every product used you would be broke as they are not cheap, but it's still definitely worth paying a visit.

Has anyone else tried the new Facelift range and what do you think?

7 comments:

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

so cool, I need this!

Kim said...

I have given you an 'I LOVE YOU BLOG' award!!!

Here

♥ xo ♥

daisychain said...

I keep meaning to try bobbi brown, now seems like the perfect time!

Unknown said...

@ Kim thanks!

@daisychain really recommend the new collection. pricey but worth it xxx

PaulGene said...

Ooooh you have me SO sold on the tinted balm.. I can't wait to go back to the Southampton counter and try it properly!

Lipglossiping said...

argh! tell Mr. L to stop signing in to Google on my computer!

Unknown said...

The brand- Hardy clothing
was originally created by Christian Audigier who was a famous rock and roll style fashion designer. The fashion designer Christian Audigier was regarded as "King of jeans." he had been the designer of some famous brand, such as Levi's, lee, Diesel, etc. ED Hardy Shoes
are waiting for you on the market. Some of the hottest fashion has arrived with the hardy shirt
for Women and the Ed Hardy Women's Hoodie - with tattoo inspired artistic styles such as the Women's Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" and "Death and Glory", these hardy shirts
are some of the hottest tickets to wind up 2009 and will surely only rise in popularity in 2010.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *