Wednesday 30 November 2011

Clarins blogger event - an essay!


Last Thursday I was lucky enough to be invited to the Clarins Head Office in London for their inaugural blogger event. I don’t normally get to go to many events as they are normally not convenient for me to attend with work commitments, but luckily this event was a drop in event after work at a realistic time. Woop! I am also a die-hard Clarins fan and have been for as long as I can remember, so extra effort was also made on my behalf. I love their products and use a lot of them already so I was intrigued to find out more about the people behind the brand as well.

When I arrived I was shown round the new Christmas and January launches from Clarins and Clarins Fragrance Group. I also got to speak to the Head of Treatment who was fantastic and personally recommended which products I should use for my skin type. Shock horror, I have dehydrated skin so therefore was given products from the Daily Energiser and Hydration ranges to use as part of my daily cleansing routine. 

The lovely Clarins make-up stand!

 Fragrances from Thierry Mugler and Swarovski.


I also got to try out the latest limited edition fragrances from Thierry Mugler and Swarovski. The four fragrances of the house (Angel, Alien, A*Men and Womanity) have been enriched with food items such as cocoa powder, figs, caramel and caviar! They were a bit overpowering for me, but my favourite was definitely Aura the new fragrance by Swarovski. It has been described as an incandescent fruity floral which is centred around a prism...I love the stunning packaging as well as the smell :)

My new skincare routine! 

The Daily Energising range was recommended to me and my young (ish)skin! My skin issues — dryness, dullness, blemishes and loss of tone are all signs of exhaustion apparently. With Daily Energisers invigorating plant extracts, your skin will glow with renewed vitality — even after late nights, parties, studying, pollution and stress. I really love the Daily Energiser Wake-Up Booster (£15) in the morning which is a radiance boosting gel with a moisturising action to ensure a soft, smooth look while its toning benefits - lovely! I also love the Daily Energiser Lotion SPF15, which is a a lightweight, oil-free, melt-into-the-skin moisturising lotion that boosts radiance and protects against UV rays. It's really silky and blends into your skin easily which is a must for me when purchasing a moisturiser.

Clarins Rebalancing Oils (£33)


A drop of the oil at night after cleansing helps to tone, revitalise and restore radiance to moisture-depleted skin. I LOVE these and am thrilled to discover them as I used to just use night cream at night but the oil so far has moisturised my skin more intensely and left it baby smooth. Worth trying if you suffer from dehydrated skin like me!

Clarins Winter 2011 shot

Other bloggers enjoying the event :)


New Passion Face Palette - really chunky gold packaging. Love it!


Yummy Reindeer biscuits in my goody bag!

Thanks to Clarins for inviting me to the event, the PR team were all lovely and made me feel so welcome. Keep posted for individual reviews of the winter collection, more skincare products and perfumes!

PS - Clarins also hinted they may bring out a BB Cream next year. I am already very excited and hope I get to try it out as soon as possible!

4 comments:

Bettina @BeautySwot said...

Sounds like a very nice and civilised event. I recently discovered the wonder that is Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation, wonderful product that doesn't get nearly enough press coverage!

Simderella said...

WOw everything looks so great!!

AVON representative said...

Looks like a fantastic event!

obagi Philippines said...

So glad you posted this, I'm crazy about this stuff! I am loving this product. Thanks for sharing us!

alj

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

♥ Contact Form ♥

Name

Email *

Message *